Wednesday, November 9, 2011

How To: Make a Cupcake Pincushion!

Pin It

Ok, whoa.  Am I ever feeling guilty!  Like, seriously.  I feel like such a jerk for neglecting my blog.  :-(  Eh.

BUT, I'm totally gonna make it up to you with this kickass/easyass tutorial of greatness!  No, but for real, people are going to think you're so effing clever.  Mmmm Hmmmm.  Wanna play?

OK THEN!  Did I mention this was NO-SEW!?!??!  Cause it is.

Ingredient list for a cupcake pincushion:

  • ramekin bowl (cause who the hell knows what else to use them for anyway???)  
  • solid fabric
  • sheet of felt
  • quilt stuffing
  • rubberband
  • hot glue
  • pretty pins
Ok, cause I'm super stretched for time, I'm gonna reference this tutorial for the basics--like, the stuffing the fabric part.  They do a great job!  :)

So, now that you have the stuffing thing out of the way, all you have to do is hot glue the sucker into the ramekin.  Do a good job with this--no glue sticking out the top! Cupcakes are pretty, ok?  OK.  

NEXT, cut a felt circle and then freehand a "frosting" cloud thingy.  Basically a circle with scalloped edges.

Hot Glue that on the top of the fabric--not too much glue, this is a pin cushion after all and people will want to be able to push the pins in!  

Lastly, add your pretty pins to the top to look like sprinkles.  VOILA!  And you're welcome.  Now, tell me who wouldn't want this cutie for a gift?  You need to get some new friends if they don't just LOVE this!  


I love creating awesome things that I know people will adore ;-)
And that's that!  I'd stay for more but I have to make more cupcake pincushions for this weekend.

This is how I display them at shows, on a dessert tier:
see the teacups, too?  They don't sell nearly as well as the cupcakes.
I can't blame the people.  

Big (CUPCAKES!) Smile,

12 comments:

Two Tutu Ladies said... Best Blogger Tips

Adorable!! Love how you display them for shows--what an interesting and welcoming display!

Amanda B. said... Best Blogger Tips

This is a cutie-cute! Good timing for Christmas presents, too!

Stephanie said... Best Blogger Tips

Such a cute idea...and just in time for Christmas!!

Blaise said... Best Blogger Tips

How cute are you?!

B.Cheniful said... Best Blogger Tips

@Blaise
Well, the cutest of course!!! :-)

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

Prior to the prize post, I really was going to post anyway when my adorable maniacs went to bed! Your blog is very funny, and I am amazed by your craftiness! Any German-inspired creations? Okay, it says to pick a profile, I don't have any of the choices. How the heck do I post? I gues I'll choose anonymous. This is Sara Doyle by the way (aka Ms. Brimmer).

Rachael Swan said... Best Blogger Tips

These are too cute!! I can't wait to make one for myself :)

Shannon (shannon@freejewelry.com) said... Best Blogger Tips

Soooooo cute! LOVE THESE! I definitely have to make this as I don't have a pin cushion!!! Thanks for the great tutorial!

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips

Super cool idea, and i love the way you display them
and no sewing either. I am going to give these a try.

Thanks so much for sharing.

Maggie Lamarre said... Best Blogger Tips

this the perfect gift for xmas, Would luv for my readers to see this awesome idea, will you please join our weekly party at
http://www.passionatelyartistic.com/2011/11/thanksgiving-showcase-tutorial-with.html
have a great crafting weekend!
Maggie
http://passionatelyartistic.com

Nancy First said... Best Blogger Tips

Love it! And I totally have a ramekin in my cupboard...it occasionally gets used to feed my kitties wet food, but I like this idea much better.

Patricia Luna said... Best Blogger Tips

Me caíste muy bien por tu forma de expresarte. Están muy lindas las cosas que haces. Felicidades y muchos éxitos. Saludos desde Ciudad de México.

Post a CommentBest Blogger Tips