Saturday, April 7, 2012

How To: Make a 5 Ingredient Lemonberry Trifle


Happy Easter Eve, Friends!

I know I've been away for a bit again, but I PROMISE I have some things in the mix for ya, coming SOON!  For now, I'd thought I'd show you this KILLER trifle I whipped up today.  In a word: DELICIOUS!

My family does a brunch for Easter, all the way out in Beal City, Michigan.  (farm town, USA.)  My Mother, for the second year in a row, has asked me to bring "something sweet."  Ok then.  This is actually more tart than sweet, but as we all know, I do what I want.  And it's gonna be BOSS. Boss I tell you!

Now, I'm sure that this recipe probably exists someplace out in the Pinterest world, but for all intents and purposes, this is a B.Cheniful Original, and I came up with it myself.  So here we go!

Ingredient list:
1 Angel Food Cake (store bought, yes please!)
2 Cans of Lemon Pie Filling (or one Large)
1 Pint Fresh Strawberries
1 Lemon
2 Containers of Cool Whip (or one Large)


Steps 1-3

Step 1:  Cut your strawberries up nice and cute! Or, I guess technically, lengthwise.
Step 2:  Cube your angel food cake.
Step 3:  Mix both cans of pie filling with 1 container of cool whip. Zest lemon into filling, then squeeze lemon juice into mix as well.  Fold.

Steps 4-6

Step 4:  Gather up your goodies and get ready to rock this trifle!
Step 5:  Add a layer of angel food to the bottom, then place strawberries around the sides. Add a layer of lemon filling.
Step 6:  Add a later of strawberries atop your filling, rinse and repeat!

Step 7:  Add a layer of cool whip to the top of your trifle.  You're done girl, now rock it!

Have a super Happy Easter!

Big (Mmmmm, lemonberry trifle!) Smile,

0 comments:

Post a CommentBest Blogger Tips