Sunday, April 24, 2011

A couple more things....

Pin It
Did I mention that all I did all weekend was craft?  On top of my Mini Bath Revamp, I also worked on more decorative balls--this time using yarn instead of hemp, and sure to be a new favorite, anthro inspired blooms, found at Homemade Ginger.

First things first, I loved the way the Decorative Twine Balls turned out last week.  I started thinking that I'd really like some in color, without having to spray paint--dude, it's so messy!  So, I figured that I would just use yarn in the color I wanted.  This time, it turned out to be yellow.

A couple tips:
Warning, do not use synthetic yarn unless you're going to be hardcore adhesive mixing!  It just didn't hold its shape, even 24 hours later.

What I did have great luck with was Lily Sugar n Cream, a more thread-like based yarn that really held it's shape perfectly.

Check Check, Check it Out!
Find the tutorial here!

Pin It

The process.....

The outcome!

Sunny and perfect for spring!

Keeping with the theme of awesomeness, on to the Anthro Inspired Blooms from Homemade Ginger! I fell in love with these the second I saw them and literally ran upstairs for Q-Tips.  Seriously.

These were super easy but a little messy.  No bigs compared to the results though.

You can make these in any color or size.  I used three sizes of styro balls, small/medium/large, two in turquoise and one in green.
See the tutorial here.

Since I was on a roll, and I'm super in love with buttons, I also did a couple button flowers.  All I did was hot glue buttons on to a styro ball and stuck it with a skewer stick.  Damn they're handy!

Here's a closer (kinda) look at the Button Flower:

So there you have it, almost everything I did over the Easter weekend :)

Big Smile,
B. Chen

0 comments:

Post a CommentBest Blogger Tips