Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Thrift-Tastic Tuesday

Every month I look forward to the last Tuesday; that's when my local thrift shop does a customer appreciation day.  Everything 50% off.  Everything.  Squeal!  It's a great day.

So, I've decided that I'd like to share with you my killer finds and the inspiration behind them.

Here's my inspiration for what went down today:
I've been starting to research photo/frame galleries.  I'd love to do one in both my living room and upstairs hallway.

Here's my Start:
an array of vintage mirrors, large and medium frames, a REAL BIG one (for $7.50, thx), and well, whatever else I thought would be awesome once spray-painted.

Total Dollas:  $25 for the lot!


I love a bunch of different looks:
One-Color Frames


White & Bright

This would be perfect for our room--same color walls
Vintage



The Classics


Wonderfully Whimsy


I think I'm off to a pretty good start!!!  And once I sell J Chen on a vision above, it will BE ON!  Common area revamps require consultations ;)

My Next Find
Ever since I've started the long process of a mini revamp (oxymoron?) for our guest room I've been on the lookout for lamps.  I could have bought lots of them, but for some reason I keep looking.  WELL, guess what I found on this last Tuesday of April?  MmmmmmmHmmmmmmm.  Not one, but two matching lamp posts AND lamp shades.

Check it!
Dollas Spent:  $6 TOTAL.  Yup.

Don't let these shades fool ya, underneath that snazzy fabric is a bright white beauty!
Post Inspiration


Shade Inspiration (if I don't stick to white that is....)



Some craft supplies
I picked up some straw wreaths (50 cents ea.), a big bag of zippers ($1.50), paper-twist-rope-stuff (50 cents), and really nice REAL-Wood, wooden box ($2.50).  

Bacon, checking it out.
Ok!  Well I can't wait to show you what I'll actually do with all of this--stay tuned my friends.  :)

Big Smile,
B.Chen




2 comments:

Blaise said... Best Blogger Tips

I cannot wait to see the finished product! I'm most excited to see the lamp turn-a-round...I mean I love me some circles, but...it is a little gaudy! Great finds gurl! Also, if you did the lamp with the branchy type ball things, I posted a diy on pinterest that shows you how to paint something that would match!(not that you really need a diy, it's pretty straightforward)

Suat said... Best Blogger Tips

Bermuda yurtdışı kargo
Bonaire yurtdışı kargo
Bolivya yurtdışı kargo
Birleşik Arap Emirlikleri yurtdışı kargo
Bhutanya yurtdışı kargo

MUU

Post a CommentBest Blogger Tips