Wednesday, February 29, 2012

How To: Up-cycle Shoes, Part 2

Pin It
So once upon a summer in 2011, I wrote this post about up-cycling heels.  TODAY, I found all these awesome photos of when I made another pair, to show you a step by step tutorial.  Who cares that I also took them once upon a summer in 2011.  I'm showing you them today, dammit.  :)

Side note, I was so in love this with paisley print fabric that I not only up-cycled the shoes in them, but also made a pair of earrings, too.  I'm trying to keep it alive forever.  Or until the mod podge gives out....

Ingredient list
Shoes you're sick of (backless heels are WAY EASIER than pumps....)
Fabric--around a fat quarter worth (busy patterns are best!)
Pod Podge
Foam Paint Brush
Scissors
Exacto Knife
Ribbon--optional

1.  You'll need about double the size of fabric for each shoe.
2.  Start painting with your mod podge, girl!
3.  Place fabric over the shoe and smooth out.  There's no wrong way to do this--you know I don't believe in that!  The easiest way is to place the "point" of your fabric just in front of the point of your shoe.  Press and smooth out, then cut away excess fabric.  Add another layer of mod podge.
4.  Cover shoe completely and allow to dry until hard.  I waited overnight.  Probably because I was tired, NOT because I'm patient.  Clearly.
5.  That would be the hardened shoe.
6.  Using scissors, cut into the fabric and fold into the shoe.  Mod Podge the fabric down.  Only the top of your foot will see this, so it's ok if it's messy.  Unless, of course, you're totally trying to impress your foot....
7.  Using your exact knife, cut away any extra fabric on the shoe.
8.  This step is optional....I used a slip on heel--mule?--for this up-cycle.  Why?  Cause I'm a little lazy and botched up the back of shoes before.  This type of shoe was WAY easier.  BUT, I hate the way they flip flop when I walk, so I added the ribbon to the bottom to make a ribbon-tie ankle.

Finished, girl!


Rockin it!
Annnnnd, that's it!  This is a cheap and relatively easy project that makes a HUGE impact, cause girl, NOBODY has shoes like this!  Now go rock it, girl!

Big (Paisley Print) Smile,

Tip Junkie handmade projects

1 comments:

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

adorable!

Post a CommentBest Blogger Tips