Thursday, February 24, 2011

Fabric Flower Hairbands--How To

Pin It
If you asked me to describe my personal style, I would have a really hard time answering you.  At the office, I like more of a J. Crew classic mixed with retro styles.  On the weekends, I like more trendy fashion, but with an edge.  I come undone a bit.  Get a little messy.

So my point is?  Well, these nifty, messy fabric flowers really fit in with my weekend/week night style.  They're casual trendy.  And awesome.  And everyone should have one.

Here's a sweetie:

2 fabric flower hairband
Want this?  Get it now!

I adore the band above--it sits really nice on the side of the head and looks messy yet pulled together at the same time.  Now, I forgot to take pictures while I was creating this one, BUT, I remembered during the orange creation.  Wanna see?

Materials:
2-3 fabric flowers, any size will do
glue gun
felt for the backing
elastic hairband (this is a goodie brand--usually comes in packs of 5)

Step 1:  Get gluing! 
glue all around the back of the flowers 



Step 2:  Start placing!
assemble flowers side by side on felt sheet

I overlap here, but it's totally up to you how you do it!


Step 3:  Cut!
Cut around the flowers--make sure you don't see the felt peeking out the sides.
Step 4:  Glue and Press!
add a line of hot glue down the middle of the felt backing.
place hairband on glue line and then quickly place a small line of felt over it to adhere the glue and band together.


Step 5:  Rock that hairband, you're done!
Want this?  Get it now!






Thanks for visiting!  

Big Smile,
B.Chen








1 comments:

Dia said... Best Blogger Tips

I love these! Let's be honest, I want 1 of everything you have posted, but I really want one of these...

Post a CommentBest Blogger Tips